Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I'm Home!

After less than 24 hours from surgery, I'm back in my own bed. I can hardly believe it myself. There's a lovely spring thunderstorm which makes for a perfect setting for snuggling under the covers--which I can't do because of this neck brace and the inability to lay flat.

I've developed a love for really COLD water as it helps soothe my very sore throat. I tried eating some mashed potatoes this afternoon, but they were just too thick and painful to swallow, so I'll just have to stick with milkshakes and yogurt for now.

So many people have been so kind in their desire to be of assistance. I know the time will come soon when I'll need all of it, but for now, I'm so tired from all the pain killers and muscle relaxers that I just kind of stare at the television (which, I'm happy to say, has more than the 12 channels the hospital TV had--three of which were in Spanish!).

I'm sure I'll write more later, but my eyelids are starting to close again.

With much love and appreciation, J

No comments: