Thursday, September 18, 2008

The world we live in.

Over the past few months as I have watched political debates, political shuffling, and the general state we are in as a country, I have come to this conclusion, I'm tired.

I am tired of the yelling back and forth.

I am tired of the drive to destroy.

I am tired of the way the government is handling everything.

I am tired of dishonesty in the media.

I am tired of our desire to have something so badly, we will ignore those things that will destroy us.

I am tired of Hollywood, and there incredibly obvious attempts and politics. I would dare to say that it is nearly as bad as the McCarthy error.

I am tired of being tired.

This country of ours is great, but I think we need to change the saying of "I'm proud to be an American!", to "I am grateful to be an American!" At the same time we seem to be running head long into this desire to be controlled by our government. Case in point, the collapse of the financial markets. What are we doing allowing the government to interfere, I know that this will be a hard time, and that many would suffer right now if they didn't do something right now. But just as pulling out an object embedded in your arm may stop the immediate pain, you may die from loss of blood from the hole that is left. Having the government interfere now is just prolonging the pain, and will more than likely make things worse.

The desire to have the government make it all better, has begun to kill us as a nation. If the market is going to collapse, then it needs to collapse. Do you really believe that it will not come back. I look through history at the cycles that have occurred, the boom and busts that happen all the time, this is just another gold rush, another "dot com" bubble. It is both the blessing and the issue with the economy that has allowed us as a country to accomplish so much.

Global warming is a great example, cyclically the earth warms and cools, do we as humans affect this, probably a little we can always do better, but is the world panic that is occurring valid. I do not believe so, I remember in elementry school being told that we were headed for another ice age be cause we were polluting the world. In the 80's and 90's everyone was sure that the atmosphere was going to burn away be cause of CFCs.

In all this where is the call, pray to God for help, what do the scriptures say, what is the prophet saying. How many of us are try to rely on the "arm of flesh" to save us? We have those around us that say we need to pay more taxes, but the scriptures tell us that taxes usually come because of corrupt leaders that seek to gain power over us. Isn't the government seeking to inslave us by causing us to be more and more reliant on them? Isn't this trend in complete contrast to what the prophets have been telling us? The prophets say welfare starts in the home, take care of your family, your friends (love your neighbor...), and the children and widows. Work with your own hands, keep yourselves clean, don't buy more than you can afford, save for the future, have faith and live the gospel. Living by what the prophets have tolds us will allow us to stay clean before God, who can protect us and bless. He dresses the lillies and feeds the birds in the sky, he will watch over us!

My next thing is I am tired of politicians, no one wants to take responsiblilty for the mistakes. Whose fault is the state we are in, it is both our fault, for seeking power, and the politicians for seeking power. We continue to elect those people that gives us the things we feel we deserve. We look at those that are nice looking and good speakers, and never pay to there real substance. It was not long ago if a politician was caught in some immoral or dishonest, or subversive act that we got rid of them (Gary Hart for instance). Now we can be shown clear evidence of issues that indicate a person who is clearly seeking power over the people and we can ignore it, we can be bullied into not talking about it. We can be told that we are hateful or racist or a fanatic if our views are different than what Holywood stars believe.

I think back to the debates in Salt Lake when the Church purchased the main street area to make a park. We as a city spent so much time, effort, and money on this issue. Are not better things we have to do with our resources?

Another thing, today the news is that someone hacked in and obtained some personal e-mails of Sarah Palin. Now there is discussion about was said in them who they are to, and whether they were appropriate because she sent official e-mails through her personal account. Wait...wait...the people that hacked this are also the same people that have issues with the patriot act..., so as long as it fits my agenda it is ok? As long as the person I want as President is in the lead I will look away? As long as everyone is doing it, it must be the right thing?

What is right is right no matter who is doing it, what is wrong is wrong no matter who or how many believe and are doing it.

I am sure that there is no one reading this by this point, but I don't care. Those that think I am a nut are probably not here any way.

No comments: