Monday, October 27, 2008

I have been looking for a clear picture in how and who I should vote for. I am not convinced that McCain is the right person and I have not been clear about Barak Obama. Today though it has been made clear to me that at least one person is absolutely wrong for this country. This is Barak in his own words, this is clear to me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iivL4c_3pck

Here is a piece of the conversion written out:

VOICE: And you are joined by Barack Obama who is Illinois senator from the 13th district and a senior lecturer from the University of Chicago.

OBAMA: "You know, if you look at the victories and failures of the civil rights movements and its litigation strategy in the court, I think where it succeeded was to vest formal rights in previously dispossessed peoples so that I would now have the right to vote, I would now be able to sit at the lunch counter and order and as long as I could pay for it, I'd be okay, but the Supreme Court never ventured into the issues of redistribution of wealth and more basic issues of political and economic justice in this society. And to that extent, as radical as I think people try to characterize the Warren court, it wasn't that radical. It didn't break free from the essential constraints that were placed by the founding fathers in the Constitution, at least as it's been interpreted and Warren interpreted it in the same way that generally is a charter of negative liberties. (I added the bolding.) Says what the federal government can't do to you but it doesn't say what the federal government or the state government must do on your behalf. And that hasn't shifted and one of the, I think the tragedies of the civil rights movement. Was because the civil rights movement became so court-focused, I think that there was a tendency to lose track of the political and community organizing activities on the ground that are able to put together the actual coalitions of power through which you bring about redistributive change. And in some ways we still suffer from that."

He goes on from here and I am not going to transcribe it all because I am to slow. The tipping point for me is that Obama essentially says that the constitution is a negative document, that it says what the government can't do. So, it can't restrict freedom of speech, it can't take your guns away, and so forth. That the constitution should give power to the government to do things for us. This is fundamentally contrary to what the founding fathers have said, that it takes from a small government to an oppresive government. The government give us everything we need. This is a Satanic plan, it is what we fought against before me came to this earth. There is no chance of failure here, and without failure the plan of God is frustrated.


This is what the scriptures teach:

Doctrine and Covenants section 98:

5 And that alaw of the land which is bconstitutional, supporting that principle of freedom in maintaining rights and privileges, belongs to all mankind, and is justifiable before me.

6 Therefore, I, the Lord, justify you, and your brethren of my church, in befriending that law which is the aconstitutional law of the land;
7 And as pertaining to law of man, whatsoever is more or less than this, cometh of evil.
8 I, the Lord God, make you afree, therefore ye are free indeed; and the law also maketh you free.
9 Nevertheless, when the awicked brule the people mourn.
10 Wherefore, ahonest men and wise men should be sought for diligently, and good men and wise men ye should observe to uphold; otherwise whatsoever is less than these cometh of evil.

Also,

Doctrine and Covenants, section 101:

77 According to the laws and aconstitution of the people, which I have suffered to be established, and should be maintained for the brights and protection of all flesh, according to just and holy principles;
78 That every man may act in doctrine and principle pertaining to futurity, according to the moral aagency which I have given unto him, that every man may be baccountable for his own sins in the day of cjudgment.
79 Therefore, it is not right that any man should be in abondage one to another.
80 And for this purpose have I established the aConstitution of this land, by the hands of wise men whom I raised up unto this very purpose, and redeemed the land by the bshedding of blood.

An individual that seeks to change the constitution at its most fundamental principals is in opposition to God.

So, there many of you out there that are shaking your heads at me, that may be saying that I do not know what I am talking about, but I know that our country will be thrown into chaos if Obama is elected. We will have to fight for every right we have. This may not be a bad thing, but it will be costly. If congress is allowed to become unbalanced the we will suffer.

Do not look at this election as an issue of party, it is not, it is deeper that we understand. We have a long fight to keep our country free, McCain is only a stop gap solution.

I am not perfect, but I try to do what is right. When I understand what is right I try to the best I can. I feel with all my heart that this is the correct choice. Study it out in your mind.

No comments: